Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Things Done, Things Left To Do

  • Karma mocked for not getting the beer gut out of the big yellow road case on Sunday by sending me a question about it via Etsy. Ron beat me home, and by the time I got home he had excavated the beer gut, and put the tablecloths in the yellow bin.

  • Ron also finished the two pockets (one stacked set, one large single) I cut gussets for over the weekend.

  • All finished pouches have had costs figured, been entered into inventory, been tagged, packed into a bin, and that bin put into the trailer.

  • Including all fifty drawstring bags. Robin helped.

  • Not including the pouch I finished at lunchtime.

  • I have a list of things I need to do/pack. For a while this morning I thought I had to get it all done tonight, but this afternoon I realized today is only Wednesday. Yay. It isn't an extensive list, but two nights makes for less insanity.

  • I've decided that a small cooler would be a sensible purchase - one big enough to hold lunch for 2-3 people, or for lunch, dinner, and snackage for me for Saturday. Conveniently, Cabela's has a 24-can size soft-side Coleman cooler on sale, and is on the way home.

  • I also need to replace one of the tackle/tool boxes that was a victim of cargo shifting on the way to the last event. A box which came from Cabela's

  • FedEx tracking states that the e-track straps and other accessories have been delivered, so we can finish tying things down in the trailer.

Otter Necessities has been in business for about 15 years now (scary thought). For most of that we've been hauling tables around on a handtruck. For much of that time they've been the plastic banquet tables (and last year we added the gridwall). The handtruck is/was not as wide as the tables, and if you get the load off-center or go across a slope, things can shift, and it isn't an uncommon occurance. So why did I not think of using bungees to help secure the tables/gridwall to the handtruck until this last weekend? Headdesk, headdesk. Yes, we have bungees now. We can be taught!

No comments:

Post a Comment