Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Planning Natter

I did some poking sbout yesterday, the default search result order on both Etsy and ArtFire appears to be by most recently listed. I can see from that listing bunches of items at longer intervals is not optimal. Listing one or two items at a time more often is going to be better for search result placement. It's also probably better for getting people to check your shop on a regular basis.

So, I think the plan for listing belts is going to be one style every day or two or three, probably starting with 1" buckled, 1.5" "mundane" buckled, or the kilt/Sam Browne (w/out shoulder strap) belts. I have a picture of the 4 colors of harness leather/latigo I use for belts, and a measuring diagram (because clothing size is abso-stinking-useless), I just need good shots of some of the hardware, and some finished belts.

Last night I was debating cutting out a couple more of the new smaller purses, since I'll be away from home and bored for 2 nights at the annual floodplain managers' conference. And this morning I was thinking that it's about time for another web sale.

From my mouth to the FSM's noodle appendage. This morning I had a message from a customer about a custom order. To the far east. Erm. Must check shipping options & rates. And design a pouch big enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment