Friday, May 4, 2012

Sick, But Brain Still Operative

Bleargh. Either I'm having horrible allergy problems, or I've got an Upper Respiratory Thing. Probably a Thing. Yesterday morning I was afraid I was coming down with strep throat, but felt better after a shower, and my throat continues to feel not-strep-ish. Haven't slept the best the last couple nights (although last night that was due, in part, to the presence of Courage the Cowardly Dog in my bed), so tired, and accomplishing little to nothing tangible.

Yesterday morning, despite not feeling healthy, I figured out how to make a thing to go with frogs, to support a sword or something you wouldn't want hanging straight up-and-down off your belt, and I'm pretty sure I can do it without any "new" hardware - ie: I may need to re-fill a particular hardware receptacle that's getting on toward empty, but not start using a new receptacle. Yes, I know I'm being vague, but that's mostly because I don't have a prototype yet, so I'm just not certain yet.

The frog-accessory thoughts were spurred on by getting hardware in Tuesday. I'd ordered some 4" diameter rings, for people who say that the large-size belt frogs I was making aren't big enough, and on Saturday I'd bought some 3-1/2"-ish dees I found on the clearance table when I was at Leather Factory. The 4" rings are huuuuge. I think the frogs using those and the big dees are going to have the hanging belt loops like on the rocket pockets, without lacing.

The other day we were also discussing making "proper" sporrans. Ron suggested we order one from somewhere, so we can see exactly how the hanging bits are usually done. I haven't quite decided I'm ready to do that, I want to see if I can come up with information using my Google-Fu first.

No comments:

Post a Comment