Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pictures and More Bits of Progress

I got a couple quick pictures of the new-to-us type cabinet this morning:


The pictures look a little cattywampus because I had to go to the side to get far enough back to fit the whole cabinet in the picture.  

The bottom doors do open, but there's nothing to see there. The decorative pulls look like they could be teh type where one side is actually a key for a latch, but they aren't. If you click to embiggen you may notice a little dark circle at the center bottom. It isn't a keyhole, it's a decorative raised doohicky.

The top is more scratched up than the front, our guess is that a tabletop press sat on it. I'm guessing that the cabinet probably could be touched up or re-finished and the chipped veneer on the feet repaired if we wanted it to look like not-utilitarian furniture, ie: match the pieces of my grandmother's dining room set that I own, but which are stored in Michigan with a relative.
 
I also took pictures of some of the labels to start trying to figure out what the typefaces are, but I think we can skip those.

We need a bigger house. We've needed a bigger house for a long time. But I don't want to move. Actually, I think I might be able to face the moving process itself, but even the idea of all the money stuff associated with selling this house and buying another one makes me want to curl up under the covers and hide.  Not to mention college tuition, and the truck is going to need to be replaced sooner rather than later (although on the good side, the loan for the truck, my car, and the furnace will be paid off in the next couple-few months. Hopefully the truck will hold out a while after that, please the FSM, knock wood, etc., so we can work on building up a down payment for a replacement). 

Erm, that was a bit of a digression, eh what?

Got the scanned proof images of all the blocks brought into my catalog document in InDesign last night. Ron printed proofs of almost all the blocks we didn't have proofs for yesterday, and is probably scanning them this afternoon. Even if I don't get those into the document, because I need to start making labels for paper samples, and get that organized, we're moving along.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment