Sunday, April 17, 2011

I...am...a...tur...tle...

So, last time around I said I was going yo do taxes next day and Robin was going to deliver the book cover. And....

...both things happened as planned!

Then the customer asked if I could modify the cover to fasten shut. And add her name. Repeat previous post comment about book covers going slowly.

So, yesterday I spent significant amounts of time doing the closure modification badly, while Ron tooled the name piece (with breaks for grocery shopping and a MuseCon meeting). By bedtime I was frustrated, I'd accomplished nothing useful, and Ron had the name partially done.

This morning Ron finished the name piece, and I started over on the flaps to hold the cover shut. They went much better, and I started sewing.

Then I finished a pouch, started pot roast,and did dishes while waiting for the name to dry.

Eventually it was declared dry enough, and I got it ready to sew on.

It wasn't too late in the afternoon, so I made a (box mix) cake to celebrate the impending book cover conclusion. Then I went back to sewing.

I finished by dinnertime! Yay! I'd been worried I'd be up stupid late tonight finishing it. After dinner Ron got pictures. Hopefully to be posted tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment