I did realize this morning that there's one or two belt blanks that we do need to put hardware on tonight - mundane (1-1/2" wide) belts get snaps to hold the buckle on, which Ron will definitely want to do with the new setter.
A month or two back, after Military History Fest, I made a couple semi-circular Civil War-era semi-circular belt pouches. I finished assembly, but they needed more attention - the leather I made them out of is a bit thick, so the ears on the sides (like side ears on a box with a tuck-in flap, like, um, band-aids) didn't want to fold in nicely, and the flaps are a bit recalcitrant.
Nothing like an approaching event to encourage me to finish things, so this morning I soaked the pouches for a few minutes, stuffed them with newspaper to encourage them into a better shape, folded the ears, then wrapped them each in a small towel to keep the flaps where I want them while they dry. In a day or so they'll be dry, hopefully holding their shape better, and I can punch the last couple holes necessary to call them completely finished.
I've got a box of new merchandise and other odds and ends being packed. Hopefully I'll be able to get all the new merchandise in it, but I won't cry too hard if I can't.
I'm pretty sure I've got a bag of new conchos floating around the house, need to find those. And I need to bring the letter stamps, as we've already got some more conchos to add to the new display strap that we made a few weeks ago.
Current to-do-for-CodCon list, in no particular order:
- Find conchos
- Make embossed belt with concho and matching buckle set, in bag of conchos to be found
- Re-charge UPS
- Check to see if gaffer's tape is packed
- Pack velcro (found, just not in bin)
- Pack tools
- Buttonhole punch CW pouches once dry
- Put snaps on mundane belt blank(s)
- Update inventory and e-mail to external iBrain
- Pack letter stamps
- Pack things to work on
- Get all the packed things in one place so Ron and Robin can find it to pack the trailer
- To-do list the external iBrain says I need to update the price list
- Print sales tax cheat sheets and price lists, e-mail to iBrain as necessary
- Strips of leather for historically accurate hardware display?
- Pack hardware from big hardware order
- Pack new pouches