Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Must keep writing, must keep writing...

Book cover directions done.

Keychain directions done.

Belt pouch directions

Hoo, boy. Yeah, these are much harder. I took the other directions, annotated the heck out of them, and drafted a bunch more verbiage. This evening I've been working on formatting (and some re-writing) them.

The directions for the book cover and the keychains each are two pages, with the whole thing pretty much running from beginning to end. For the belt pouch I've broken the general directions out - things like marking stitching lines, marking stitch locations, and how to sew. It turns out that I'm not going to be happy just referring to the Ron Ross tutorial for sewing instructions, I'm putting in my own, too.

I've gotten all the general instructions/discussion formatted, and the specific instructions for the belt loop. I've also done the discussion about cutting out if you're not working from the kit with pre-cut pieces.

Left to go is getting the gusset ready and sewn in. Which would be the end, but...

Yeah, I can't leave well enough alone. I've got alternate instructions for another way to do the gusset.

And currently I've dropped in the color pictures, so I need to go back and convert them to greyscale, so I can just print the instructions black and white. It isn't a hard task, it's just another thing to do. before I can stick a fork in it and call it done.

Hopefully I can finish the instructions tomorrow and Friday nights, leaving me Saturday and Sunday to do signage, update the grid for printing, and make the update sheet to hand out with the program book.

No comments:

Post a Comment