Friday, August 31, 2012

Tablet Headaches

I've compiled a table of dimensions for various tablet computers and e-book readers. Below is an excerpt of what I think are the top contenders in the market. Have I left any important devices out or included any defunct ones? Please note that I don't care about technical superiority, I'm asking about plain ol' market share. If so, please let me know. You don't need to supply dimensions, just the names.

  • Device, long dimension in inches
  • ASUS EEE Transformer, 10.6
  • ASUS Transformer Infinity, 10.35
  • iPad 2 & 3, 9.5
  • Nook Tablet, 8.1
  • Google Nexus 7, 7.81
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, 7.63
  • Kindle Fire, 7.5
  • Nook Simple Touch, 6.5


I'm contemplating making a hard/molded front bag, possibly in a couple sizes, for tablets. Part of the trick is figuring out size categories. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment