Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Steampunk Project Prototype Pictures

As I mentioned yesterday, we made pouches and shell holders over the weekend, and now I have pictures. Aaah, yes, you can click on them to see the larger versions, and I think I've managed to get the thumbnails mostly to scale with one another.

First we have a better one of the wrist-rocket setup that we made last week. I didn't realize it at the time, but one of the shells was in crooked (surprising, given how snug the loops are). As you can see here, they really do line up nicely, and point in the same direction.

Next is the little square-ish pouch I made on Saturday. It has a soft gusset, and was supposed to have a somewhat rounded flap that matched the shape of the bottom front. I'd cut the flap long, in case I hadn't made it long enough on paper (I hadn't), which ended up being to the edge of the leather. I decided the uneven edge looked good, so I left it.

Sunday's pouch, another one with a soft gusset, is slightly larger. I'm not sure what happened to make the strap holding it shut go crooked, although I have some suspicions. That bugs me, as do some stitching problems that nobody else is probably seeing.

These are the shell holders Ron made. I can't think of much to say about them other than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment